Dilated blood vessels often appear not only on the face but also on the legs. For many people they are a reason of low self-esteem, fortunately they can be treated, so that they are no longer visible. For this purpose, it is worth opting for a laser treatment that does not cause discomfort and allows you to quickly return to your daily activities.
HOW DO WE DEAL WITH DILATED CAPILLARIES?
At Golden Skin, we use Diode Laser to treat unwanted spider veins, telangiectasias and other small vascular skin lesions. The 980nm wavelength laser in our salon is ideal for vessel treatment due to absorption characteristics that target hemoglobin. The laser has low melanin absorption, which makes the treatment less painful and safer for the skin.
WHAT IS DIODE LASER TREATMENT?
Diode Laser 980nm is the most advanced laser for spider vein globally. High energy density pass through the epidermis and then focuses on the hemoglobin directly to produce a lot of heat which then curdles the hemoglobin in short time. The necrotic hemoglobin will eliminate through lymphatic system. There is no pain during the treatment; the spider vein disappears immediately without any wound on the skin. The post treatment care is easy to follow, and it can avoid cross infection. All hemoglobin inside the spider vein can be curdled and then eliminate through lymphatic system. The first effects are visible after just one treatment. If the changes are larger and more visible, the treatment may need to be repeated.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD THE TREATMENT BE PERFORMED?
The number of sessions varies depending on the type and intensity of the spider veins. In the case of single spider veins, one treatment is usually enough. If the changes are located deep inside of skin, usually 2 to 5 treatments are performed with 3 weeks intervals.
WHAT ARE THE AFTER TREATMENT RECOMMENDATIONS?
After the treatment, the skin may be slightly red and is likely to peel. To protect it properly, use sunscreen and avoid sunbathing for at least 4 weeks. Make-up should not be applied for minimum of 2 days after the treatment. For 4 to 5 days, however, factors that contribute to the expansion of blood vessels (frequent changes in temperature, exercise or sauna) should be avoided.
WHAT ARE THE CONTRAINDICATIONS TO PERFORM THE TREATMENT?
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Taking herbal preparations and preparations based on vitamin A
- Blood coagulation disorders
- Alcohol consumed 24 hours before the procedure
- Decompensated diabetes
WHY DO DILATED OR BROKEN CAPILLARIES OCCUR?
- Genetic factors - it is common to find information about similar problems in one or both parents in the history. The skin is often delicate, thin, sensitive, the vessels are fragile and break easily
- Hormonal factors - use of hormonal treatment, contraceptives containing estrogens
- Internal factors - allergic conditions and chronic dermatitis
- External factors favoring the dilatation of capillaries on the face:
- Chronic sun exposure
- Using the sunbeds too often
- Large temperature fluctuations
- High humidity
- Long-term use of topical steroids, especially on the face, neck and decollete, in predisposed people (thin or light skin)
WHAT ARE THE HOME CARE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CAPILLARY-PRONE SKIN?
- Protection of the skin against UV rays (sun, sunbeds, biostimulating lasers). Using preparations with UVB and UVA filters, as well as with an IR filter that protects against infrared
- Protection of the skin against cold and moisture - the use of protective creams in the winter period
- Avoiding overheating of the facial skin in the sauna
- Supplementing vitamin deficiencies, mainly B2, PP, C
- The use of appropriate cosmetics for vascular skin - a very effective ingredient for strengthening the walls of blood vessels are vitamins C and K
Price starts from €30 and total depends on size and intensity of capillaries.