Chemical peeling is a procedure that involves the application of one or more chemicals to accelerate the cell renewal. Its immediate and visible action is based on exfoliation of the skin, while its long-term action causes skin regeneration and the production of new collagen, as a result of which the skin becomes moisturized, without wrinkles, discoloration and other defects.
ADVANTAGES OF THE TREATMENT
- It can be performed (after selecting the appropriate peeling) at any time of the year, on all skin types and on any part of the body
- It is quick and simple
- Painless in most cases
- Immediate results: the skin looks healthier, radiant, moisturized and taut.
- Facial aging caused by exposure to the sun (photoaging)
- Fine wrinkles and expression lines
- Pigmentation spots (age discoloration, melasma, freckles)
- Skin changes (acne, keratosis, dryness)
- Enlarged pores.
RISKS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
- Do not use creams with retinol a day before the procedure. If you use such a cream, inform your esthetician about it before performing the peeling.
- Do not perform strenuous exercise for 7 days after the procedure.
- Avoid exposure to the sun for 7 days after the treatment and use appropriate protection against the sun.
The effectiveness of chemical peeling depends on many factors, such as knowledge of the substance used, characteristics of the treated skin (phototype, thickness, ethnicity, hypersensitivity), the formula of each substance (concentration, pH), time of application etc.
Depending on the depth of action of the chemicals used, the peeling can be superficial, medium or deep. The greater the depth of action, the greater the stimulation and repair of the skin, but also the greater the risk of complications.
The selection of peeling depends mainly on the skin phototype, as well as on other factors, such as skin preparation, sun exposure and patient expectations.
The best candidates for the procedure are people with white skin, blonde hair and light eyes (low phototypes) due to the lowest risk of hyperpigmentation.